BlondieChell Talks Depression

    Let's talk depression. Sure, this isn't an emo blog and I try my best to make it as hysterical as possible, but for me, depression is a reality.
  WHA??? I know! I exercise, I *try* to eat healthy, and now that it's summer here in AK, getting plenty of sunshine. And I still find myself falling down a dark hole on some days. Like the other day...when it had been rainy (not sunny) all week (silly girl kept thinking Mr. Sunshine would come out!) and I didn't take any vitamin D supplements...and added in some hormones...
    Blended all together, that made quite the disastrous recipe.. It happened sort of slow-getting sad about this, irrationally thinking about that....and next thing I know, I was crying in my car. Because it sometimes it. And so does Black Cohosh.
     That's right folks, not only am I a self-diagnoser, I also self-medicate! See, I've discovered that Black Cohosh helps level out my mood swings (not to mention cramping) during my "mmhhmmm", so I just take some to help balance my hormones & whatnot when I begin the trek down the rabbit hole. And make sure I add exercise! And humor! I believe that Laughter is one of the best medicines and I try to get my daily dose!
     So yes, while exercise, Vitamin D and the right foods can help with depression, it still lingers and pops out for a visit every now and then. So if you're in the same boat, I just want to let you know you're not doing anything wrong, it just doesn't seem to understand social cues...



Comments