My Handy Friend!

     I have a very handy friend...it's my fake arm!!! Yes, I know it may seem a bit weird, or absurd, but it's so much fun!!! I found it in a kid's toy shop while Christmas shopping....and the wonderful store employees wrapped it up for to place under my tree!  I've wanted a fake appendage for years, but haven't been able to find one (not that I searched very hard for it, either).


     Needless to say, hubby was not as amused as I when I opened my "surprise" gift. Since I opened it, I've had so much fun sticking it my car doors & such. So far, it's traveled all the way to Denver and back, hanging out of the backside of my van. Apparently it travels well as long as it's securely shut in something ;)

     "Why??" you may ask? Because...mwahahahahahaha.... who doesn't love a good freak out?? It's harmless and fun! (okay, so sometimes it freaks me out when I see it too) I tried to see how useful Handy was with household chores, but I grew disappointed very quickly-apparently he's just full of air and stuffing, so there's no sturdiness at all. Here we are trying to mix homemade laundry detergent:


       As much as I love my handy friend, it was becoming very obvious to me just how unauthentic it looked...so I decided to give him a bit of a make-over one night. I used a few shades of brown poster paint and some red nail polish.....





      It ended up a bit darker than I had wanted, but I figure with the amount of dirt it'll accumulate, it'll be okay ;) Eventually I'll redo the sleeve... So...whaddaya think?? DO you have any handy friends hanging around??
      

Comments