On Sense and Nonsense

   I love having kids.  Its like having your own little army of minions.  They basically listen (for the most part-mine are still young) and do whatever you tell them to.... For instance, you can impart whatever desires, fears or knowledge on them that you want to.  If you want your child to be a germaphobe, teach them about how yucky germs are.  If you want them to learn about washing machines, expose them to how awesome you think they really are.
   I enjoy teaching my kids silly things.  You know, things that aren't necessary or "normal".  For instance, if I tell them to walk across the parking lot like penguins in the blinding snow, they will.  I know this because we did this last night.  Malachi's a little too young to join in the silliness (I like the refer to it as the "vanVeen side")....well, maybe not....  The other day Amber, Josiah & I were standing around Malachi's highchair fake laughing with our lips stretched over teeth & he started joining in.  I'm not sure he fully understood what was going on, but he was doing it.  And, he seemed to enjoy it.

Comments