Dream Attack

     My dreams are yelling at me. Apparently I've been a very naughty girl, and they're trying to tell me to shape up. For the past few weeks I have been running indoors on my treadmill-it started out just as an innocent-once-a-week-running-to-late-to-go-outside kind of habit, and escalated into a daily thing (fall=colder a.m. runs). I didn't think I was being lazy-I'm able to push myself further on it than when I'm out in the open air.

      Well, I guess my excuses aren't good enough for my body. One night I had a dream (it could have been too that I was looking at a photo of someone who had just run an ultra-marathon in under 5 hours and I wondered "How in the world could someone do that at that kind of speed? I can barely push two miles thanks to my wonderful "friend" living in my lungs") that I was running down a hill, and I was running and pumping my arms so fast that I started flying (quick recap- I have dreams of running when I don't run). I actually passed this ultra-marathon winner and flew down this hill.....and then I can't remember what all else happened, but when I woke up, I knew my dreams were yelling at me for running inside these past few weeks instead of outdoors where I can think and breathe fresh air.....
       Well, time to make my dreams happy... I'm going out for a run....(in the dark....in the cold...)

Comments