*25 Years*

  Alot can happen in 25 years.  In fact, 25 years is a lifetime (for me at least).  Lets see....in the last 25 five years, I have:
                      *broken the same wrist twice (sprained it once),
                      *gotten hit by a car,
                      *got married,
                      *hatched 3 kids (one on a toilet, no less!),
                      *gained 190lbs (lost all but 7 of it!),
                      *cut my hair numerous time (by myself),
                      *performed in myriads of plays & concerts,
                      * help my hubby start a church (and close it),
                      *moved half-way across the country,
                     and have visited a South American country.
       If I were to list all of the injuries (that I can remember) that I have sustained in the past 25 years, it would probably take you three days to read the list.  My hospital visits list would be much shorter, so that would probably only take you a day to read ;)
       The big *25* is a quarter of a century....I have 75 more years to go till I turn 100 (if I can stay alive for that long, lol).  I dreaded turning this year because it means I'm just that much closer to being 30 (which, at this time in my life, I consider "old" and I tease my husband because he is turning the big 3-0 this year).
       I have spent a good number of years being involved in teaching and caring for children under the age of 5.  Right now I help my friend babysit during the week.  I run in the mornings and do Pilates (right now it's to get the rest of my gained weight off, but afterwards, it will be to maintain a healthy lifestyle). 
     Kids take up the majority of my time these days, but I don't think I would want it any other way. I love taking care of kids and seeing them grow (especially babies)!.  Thursday nights are dedicated to the community choir ensemble called the Noteables.  My friend & I just started a nursing home ministry where we take our kids (and the ones we watch) and read Bible stories & sing to the people at the local nursing home.
     Yesterday I enjoyed a leisurely morning, sleeping in till 8 a.m. (when you wake up at 4:45, that is sleeping in), followed by a nice run, then a walk to my friend's house where the kids we babysit gave me hand-made cards, then I got showered & dressed (skipped the Pilates), and then we went to Arby's! (yes, the nearest one is an hour & a half away).  Afterwards we browsed in some stores and then went home.  After the kids went ot bed, we watched episodes of Psych (one of my favs!) by candlelight with carmel-covered popcorn!  It was the best birthday I've had since the first one JR & I celebrated when we first started dating.  I'm blessed with a great family & wonderful friends!!! 

Comments

Post a Comment