Violence Is Sometimes Okay....

    This weekend it occurred to me that a lot of things that happen in the spiritual realm that we consider positive encounters are actually quite violent....
    Like...wanting to be "on fire for God". In reality, being set on fire is a bad thing. A VERY bad thing. You kind of die.
     Or you want "the Spirit to crash over me like waves". Ever seen a wave?? They can be pretty destructive. We associate the word "crash" with them. CRASHING WAVES. Nothing that crashes is calm or serene. It too is violent. Yet we choose to associate those words with God and things of the spiritual realm.
      And we wonder why people look at us like we're crazy. "No, I don't want you to throw a lit match at me-I want to be set on fire by GOD!!!". Yep. Crazy. Train.
      As these thoughts flooded into my head this weekend, I discovered that, perhaps the reason why violence is prevalent in the scripture is because we are at war. A spiritual war. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places " (Ephesians 6:12).
       And somehow...that makes it all okay. Because I know that God has my back, no matter what may come.
    May the spirit of God crash over you like waves so that you may be set on fire. Have a great week!!


Comments