*Stuff Happens*

   Stuff just happens to me.  It does.  No one knows why, but after a lifetime of accepting it, I've come to the conclusion that God allows the near impossible to happen to me so that people can see that "that" is actually possible! (Seriously, I think it has nothing to do with the hair...)
    For example, I have a touch-screen full-keyboard slide cellular phone.  I'm sure that NO ONE thought it was possible for someone to pinch their hand in it.  Well, I did.  I got my palm stuck in it one day after I texted a friend.  Thankfully, she was in the same house as me and was able to help me free myself.  (I'm telling ya, this stuff just happens!)
     The same day that the cell phone incident happened, I was getting groceries out of the back of my van.  This wonderful machine has a "back hatch" (I call it a trunk-it stores stuff and is located in the back of the vehicle. It's a trunk) that lifts up by itself.  Well, I had just finished a large shopping trip, and I knew that some of the items were trying to help me out by launching themselves out of the trunk, so I squatted down in preparation for catching said items.  While I was squatting with one arm extended, I squeezed the lever that releases the hatch (sometimes I just call it a "lid"....just sayin'...) and as I leaned in towards the trunk, I realized that I should've been leaning AWAY from it as the lid quickly ascended, almost knocking my head off.  Thankfully the calamity was averted (I tell ya, these poor, unsuspecting guardian angels....) and my head remained intact.
     My last tale for this session happened just the other day while i was in the wonderful land of Walmart checking out.  (Many of you may not know, but three cashiers, a CSM and I discovered that apparently there is just the skinniest of cracks between where the checkout stand ends and the baggage carousel begins).  As I handed the cashier a check, it flew out of my hands, into the air and swooshed into this hiding spot.  After looking on both sides of the register for it (we didn't see it disappear), we discovered it laying flat at the bottom of this little crevice.  After holding up the line for what seemed like forever (and trying various means of extrication), a CSM came over with a wire hanger and was able to push it out.  I am telling you, this stuff just happens....
    So, if you ever find yourself saying "that could never happen" or "wow! that seems impossible!" just remember: it probably isn't.....

Comments