Update On Malachi

  Our latest addition to the family is almost 8 weeks old now.  He weighs about 14lbs and is (insert random number here) inches long.  He's been sleeping through the night for the past few weeks now.  He's also been sleeping a lot during the day, but I think that is starting to change.  The past few days he's been more alert and interactive with people.  He's starting to smile at just about everyone and observe his world.
   My favorite times with him are the early mornings when it's just the two of us on the couch before the rest of the house is awake.  He'll just lay there  on his Boppy pillow, sometimes falling asleep-sometimes not, and I'll stare at him, or cuddle while I finish my morning java.  Right now he's at the two-month stage where babies make "vowel-like sounds" and it's the cutest thing.
   He's been a really "good baby", only crying when he's hungry or gassy, and at night before he goes to sleep.  He doesn't demand too much attention, and now he's starting to explore his surroundings.  He smiles at the other two kids and seems to like their idealized affection.
   Right now he's kicking at me while we're making facing at each other...

Comments