My Weekly Exercise Routine

   Before I became pregnant this last time, I was running about 4 or 5 times a week, and had almost worked up to 3 miles (without stopping).  Granted my speed was slow, I but I was proud of my progress.  I have sports-induced asthma. which basically means that I can't breathe after a few seconds of any activity that requires more usage of my lungs than normal (walking long distances, running, stairs).  Inhalers never worked for me-the only thing I have found that helps is continued exercise to push my lungs to breathe better.
   My exercise plan for now (to burn fat & build back muscles) consists of 3 days cardio & 3 days Pilates.  Mondays, Thursdays & Saturdays I run/walk on my treadmill & Tuesdays, Fridays & Saturdays I do Pilates.  These last two Saturdays, though, I've rollerbladed-its cardio & muscle working in one exercise.
  I love rollerblading for two reasons- 1. it provides intense cardio while doing something fun, 2. it works the lower ab muscles to give you a flat belly.  I also love running, but I need to slowly work up my speed and endurance.  Right now my goal is to lose 35lbs to reach my pre-pregnancy weight.  I made it there before this last pregnancy, so I know I can do it again ;)

Comments

Post a Comment