On Chasing Rainbows....

     I'm sure as you read the title, you thought this would be a deep, though-provoking post about the meaning of rainbows....well, it's not...     Saturday was a wonderful morning for rollerblading (if you ignored the really cold temperature & winds). As I was on my route back home (wondering why I was attempting to skate in such high winds), I saw my answer-a rainbow. God had made a rainbow just for my morning jaunt (because He knows how silly I am).
     As I glided toward the beautiful sight, I could see that the rainbow was close to where I lived, so if I booked it (yeah, in the wind...) I could probably make it to the location & back home before JR had to be in work. Yes, I was going to touch a rainbow.
     My excitement built as I grew closer to where it started. I just hoped that I could reach high enough (I could see that it didn't touch the ground). I swiftly made my way (well, as swift as I could considering the wind) around the corner of the block and past where I lived....and then I paused....it seemed that the rainbow has disappeared! Oh, no!!! I glided further towards the assumed location, looking for just a glimmer of my rainbow....but it was gone.....
     No one had ever told me that visions of rainbows were dependent on certain angles. I almost cried as I slowly made my way home. All my hopes and dreams of touching a rainbow had been crushed (and this was after they had insensibly escalated because the highway that runs through our town is called "Rainbow Boulevard"-we see many rainbows, doubles & triples each year). Neither hubby nor the bff understand my devastation...but perhaps you will...


                            you can see the gap between the rainbow and the ground...





Comments