Talk To Me??

      I don't know why people bother to talk to me. This morning when we visited a church, a man came up to me and asked where I was from. My immediate response was "Delaware", but my mouth knew it was the wrong thing to say since we've been living in CO for 5 years. However, due to lack of oxygen (high altitude), having 3 kids, or the hair color, I couldn't come up with an appropriate response (did he mean location, church background, country??), so I said nothing. Time slowly passed.
       As he stared at me, I realized an answer was wanting, so I tried explaining to him that my first response was DE, when it should have been Poncha Springs. We are from Poncha Springs (ok, so sometimes I tell people Salida, just because know one knows where Poncha is...). And after shaking my hand he offered a weak smile and I assume went to find someone with more verbal skills than I possessed.
      I'm not sure why people expect something eloquent to pop out of my mouth.... It seems like I tend to disappoint ;)

Comments